Product: Wet N Wild Coverall Color Correcting Palette. This concealer palette features four colors, three for color correcting and one for highlighting. This little compact can be a game changer.
Overall Rating = 4 Stars – Excellent.
Cost: $3.99 (.22 oz.) ($18.14 per ounce) Price Category: Inexpensive
Sold By: Wet N Wild Beauty; Walgreen’s; Walmart; Retailers everywhere.
Container: Round plastic case, twist-off cap.
Description: Wet N Wild Coverall Color Correcting Palette is a concealer that corrects discolorations on the skin.
Formula: Wet N Wild Coverall Color Correcting Palette is medium-weight cream. The formula provides light to medium-coverage opacity. This is not as thick as the Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick I previously reviewed. If you need serious heavy-duty coverage, that one will work better for you, but you will need to buy the colors individually as opposed to in a palette like this one.
Sensitivity: Wet N Wild Coverall Color Correcting Palette is fragrance free and is suitable for those with sensitive skin.
“From under eye circles to acne to yellow discoloration, this one palette does it all, which pretty much means you should never be without it. Everyone has flaws, and this palette has something for everyone.
Let’s spin the color wheel! This circle of concealers contains all you need to balance out any imperfection in your complexion. It’s beauty’s version of playing with paint, and your face is your coloring book!
- Circle of concealers balances all imperfections!
- Purple and yellow are opposites on the color wheel, so use yellow to cancel out any unwanted purple spots, such as bruises or under-eye circles. Any overly yellow spots? Attack them with purple.
- Green and red are opposites, too. So use green on anything red: zits, flushes, blemishes, you name it!
- White brightens any color, so whatever part of your face you want to highlight, this is it!”
Discussion: Most people are very confused by color-correcting concealers, don’t know if they need one and don’t know how to use them properly. These concealers, unlike flesh-toned concealers, are designed specifically to hide discoloration imperfections like redness from scars or blemishes (with green), sallowness (with lavender), purple-toned undereye circles (with yellow) blue veins (with peach), etc. If you have any of these issues and you want to achieve a smooth even skin tone and uniform color to your face, then using one of these under your foundation can absolutely work wonders. Professional makeup artists have always utilized these techniques, but now that the products are readily available to the average consumer, you might as well take advantage of our trademark secrets.
Colors: Wet N Wild Coverall Color Correcting Palette comes in one color, 349 Color Commentary. It contains, purple, green, yellow and white. They are all matte in finish with the exception of the white, which has a shimmer finish and is intended to be used as a highlighter. These four colors will work for all light to medium skin-toned users. These will not work well for those with very dark skin.
What Color Do YOU Need?
The color-correcting concealer I use most frequently on clients is green. Almost everyone has a slight redness around their noses or a few red-toned blemishes. Green is the opposite on the color spectrum from red and therefore effectively neutralizes any red pigmentation. I frequently use yellow, too. I occasionally use purple for general brightening as opposed to spot concealing. If you look at the color wheel you can see which colors are opposite and will, therefore, cancel each other out. Red is a primary color and its complementary opposite is green. Blue is a primary color and its complementary opposite is orange. Yellow is a primary color and its complementary opposite is purple.
|ISSUE||COLOR OF ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE CONCEALED||COLOR OF CONCEALER TO USE|
|Acne Blemishes||Distinct Redness||Green|
|Acne Scarring||Slight Redness||Light Green|
|Broken Capillaries||Slight Redness||Light Green|
|Bruises – Dark or Heavy||Purple||Yellow|
|Bruises – Fading or Healing||Yellow||Purple|
|Dark Circles Under Eyes||Brown||Blue|
|Dark Circles Under Eyes||Purple||Yellow|
|Rash Heavy||Distinct Redness||Green|
|Rash Light or Faint||Slight Redness||Light Green|
|Sallowness (Yellow tinge to skin)||Yellow||Purple|
|Veins||Blue or Green||Peach, Coral or Orange|
Need Help? If you still don’t know what color concealer you need or it is not working for you, write to me and I can tell you a brand and color of concealer that will address your specific issue.
DON’T Use Lipstick: I know you see posts and videos all over the internet telling you to put lipstick under your eyes if you have dark circles. Don’t ever do this! The ingredients in lipstick can be very harmful to the delicate skin underneath your eyes. If you need a peach, coral or orange concealer, try Bobbi Brown corrector or the NYX Color Correcting Palette, which has peach in it. The NYX formula is creamier than the Wet N Wild one.
Daily Review: After cleansing, toning, moisturizing and priming, apply Wet N Wild Coverall Color Correcting Palette on any discolored areas prior to the application of foundation. I apply this with a small detail brush for blemishes or a concealer or foundation brush for larger areas. I then carefully apply foundation on top of the concealer and set the areas with a finely micronized high definition powder. Once it is set, the concealer will last for many hours.
Helpful Application Tips and Tricks:
- If you are accustomed to applying your concealer on top of your foundation, that will not work with a color-correcting concealer. The colors must be applied under foundation not over.
- Wet N Wild Coverall Color Correcting Palette will not work as well on blemishes if you apply it with a sponge or your fingers.
- Use a small concealer, detail, or lipstick brush for application wherever you need concentrated color.
- The product needs to be concentrated on the specific area of discoloration and nowhere else.
- If you need to cover a larger area with sheerer coverage, you can use a sponge or your fingers.
- Be careful when applying foundation on top so as not to remove the concealer.
- Pat foundation on top of the concealer, don’t rub.
- If you accidentally rub the concealer off when applying foundation, just dot some more colored concealer on top of the foundation and carefully blend it with the detail brush.
- If you are having a difficult time covering the colored concealer with foundation, you are using too much of the colored concealer.
- To keep it in place for hours, set it with a good quality powder.
Overall Review: Wet N Wild Coverall Color Correcting Palette is an excellent product for hiding many different types of discoloration issues.
- Four colors address many discoloration issues
- Medium- weight cream blends easily
- One compact lasts a long time
- Takes very little product to cover imperfections
- Fragrance-free formula
- Skin-friendly ingredients
- The white “concealer” is not a concealer at all, it is a shimmery highlighter. The white should have been replaced with a peach-toned concealer. By virtue of the white having shimmer in it, it cannot effectively be used to lighten the other colors if necessary.
Suitability: Wet N Wild Coverall Color Correcting Palette is suitable for the following users:
- All users. (This is a very good product for men to use as well as women. I use this on male models, actors and performers.)
Daily Rating = 4 Stars;
Average from Other Testers = 4 Stars;
Value Rating = 4 Stars;
Overall Rating = 4 Stars = Excellent.
Would Buy Again? Yes.
(Please review the About 365 Cosmetic Reviews page for the rating info.)
Ingredients: Propylheptyl Caprylate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline, Nylon-12, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de candelilla, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Allantoin, Lecithin, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090, Carmine/CI 75470, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Yellow 5 Lake/CI 19140.
Important: Please read our full Disclaimer before using this or any product.